|Gennaro Raso came from Conflenti in 1890.||Caterina Raso came from Sambiase in 1911.||Both of the towns they came from is in Calabria along the western coast of Italy about 75 miles north of Scily.|
|Gen 3||Gennaro Raso2||Catherine/Caterina Raso2|
|Birth||14 Jan 1866
10 Mar 1866 (B)
|Conflenti Calabria Italy
Santa Nicola Church
|11 Aug 1880||Sambiase Calabria Italy|
|Death||27 Sep 1923||Pottsville, PA||2 Apr 1823||Pottsville, PA|
|Cause||Fracture of the neck||child birth|
|Buried||St. Joseph Cem||Hillside Dr. Pottsville, PA||St. Joseph Cem||Pottsville, PA|
|Parents||Seraphin Raso||Giovanna Traciia||Giovanni Raso||Rachele Mete|
|Marriage||2 Sep 1911||Pottsville, PA||G. De Stefano||minister|
- Giovanni (John) Alouisus (Allegro)
Ross b. 26 Jul 1906 Sambaise Italy d. 14 Nov 1975 m. 21 Sep 1927 Eva Di Francesco b.
4 Oct 1907 d. 14 Feb 1985
- Catherine Ross b. 11 Jan 1929
m. 23 May 1856 John Heisler b. 25 May 1928
- John Heisler II b. 3 Aug 1958
- Rita Ross b. 26 Apr 1930 m.
18 Nov 1950 Ronald Saracini b. 21 Sep 1929
- Ronald Dennis Saracini b.
23 Apr 1952
- Ronald Timothy Saracini b. 3 Sep 1984
- Timothy John Saracini b. 1 Feb 1985
- Joy Saracini m. 16 Feb 2001
- Carli b. 5 Dec 1975 m.
24 Nov 1995 Joseph Di Mayo
- Nicolas Di Mayo b. 3 Feb 1997
- Santino Di Mayo b. 3 Aug 1999
- Tracy b. 11 Jul 1980
- James b, 5 Jul 1988
- Carli b. 5 Dec 1975 m. 24 Nov 1995 Joseph Di Mayo
- Ronald Dennis Saracini b. 23 Apr 1952
- Catherine Ross b. 11 Jan 1929 m. 23 May 1856 John Heisler b. 25 May 1928
by 2nd husband Gennaro Raso
- Giovannina Maria (Jean) b. 5
Jun 1912 d. 3 Apr 1986 m. 14 Jul 1934 Phil. PA Ernesto Martino b. 13 May 1906
d. 6 Jan 1981
- Ernest Charles b. 1 Aug 1938
Phila. PA m. 22 Aug 1964 Havertown, PA Veronica Agnes Rush b. 7 Oct 1944
- Marie Kathleen b. 29 Jan 1967
Drexel Hill, PA m. 12 Sep 1992 Ocean City, MD Kevin Michael Crowley
- Kevin Michael Crowley b. 2 Mar 1998 Rockville, PA
- Kathleen Marie Crowley b. 13 May 1999 Rockville, PA
- Jeanne Veronica b. 6 Aug 1968
Drexel Hill, PA m. 21 Sep 1996 Ocean City, MD David Lee Tucker
- Nathan Lee Tucker b. 5 Apr 1998 Towson, MD
- Zachary David Tucker b. 27 Oct 1999 Towson, MD
- Sean Ernest b. 15 Nov 1971
- Lynne Maureen b. 5 Apr 1973 Bryn Mawr, PA m. 4 Dec 1999 Newark, DE William Glasheen Rowan
- Marie Kathleen b. 29 Jan 1967 Drexel Hill, PA m. 12 Sep 1992 Ocean City, MD Kevin Michael Crowley
- Carmen Charles (Charlie) b. 24 Mar 1940 m. 18 Jul 1970 Linda Jane Williams b. 7 Jun 1947
- Ernest Charles b. 1 Aug 1938 Phila. PA m. 22 Aug 1964 Havertown, PA Veronica Agnes Rush b. 7 Oct 1944
- Gennaro (Jimmy) b. 11 Oct. 1914 d. 29
Oct 1967 m. 26 Aug 1939 Helen Elizbeth Baroni b. 20 Jul 1920
- Cecilia Maria b. 5 Jan 1942
m. 14 Oct 1961 John Hargey
- Denise Elizabeth b. 18 Oct 1963.
- John Francis Joseph b. 1
Sep 1964 m. Trisha Munous
- John Francis Joseph
- Brittany Nicole
- James Brian b. 14 Sep 1967
m. Lisa Cadberry
- Curtis James
- Sierra Elizabeth
- Jessica Marie
- Loretta Catherine b. 2 Apr
1944 m. 16 Apr 1866 Drew Baum
- Drew James 6 Aug 1969 m. Trish Sweeny
- Laurie Ann b. 9 Oct 1970 m. Christopher Marin
- Carrie Lynn 21 Oct 1972 m. Brian Mc Dermott
- Cecilia Maria b. 5 Jan 1942 m. 14 Oct 1961 John Hargey
- Antonio b. 19 Mar 1919 bap. 31 Aug 1919 d. Dec 1969
- Marie Anna b. 19 Jul ?1921 m.
- Rita Guidette m. Cox
- Robert G Guidette
- Rita - died in Catherine's childbirth ~ 2 Apr 1823
Marriage certificate of Gennaro and Catherine
|He was naturalized in the
US Court of Common Pleas 2 Apr 1904. (testimony James J. Gerafroli) signed
by Samuel H. Gore.
Gennaro could not sign his name but made a mark.
Gennaro returned to Italy after his wife's death to sell his tuna business and returned with the money. He returned 19 Sep 1923 on the Giulio Cesare and died 8 days later. The family story is he was killed for the money. He died falling down the steps at 5:30 AM.
Catherine died in childbirth.
The wedding of Jimmy and Helen which includes the other Raso siblings.
135 Cadbury St. Palo Alto.
They lived in the back part of the house (actually 2 houses in one. This was the place that Gennaro 'fell' down the stairs and died.
- Gennaro was first married 19 Feb 1905 to Angelina Folino. She born in Conflenti 18 December 188(2) and came to the US on the Prinzess Irene arriving at Ellis Island on 14 Nov 1904. Her father was Luigi Folino and her brother was Dominco Folino who is buried in the same cemetary as Gennaro and who Gennaro lived next door to.
- Raso is how the name is spelled in Italy.
- Orphan Bond legal papers were filed in 23 Feb 1832 with releases Jean 12 Jul 1933, Jimmy 13 Nov 1935, Tony 13 Apr 1940
- John & Jimmy learned to plaster from Raymond Facciola
- Leo Mete (family from Conflenti) helped John and Jimmy place their homemade cement cross in the cemetery in the night. It
- Leo's uncle is the person who made the bagpipes that Gennero played.
- Giovannina was baptized 30 Jun 1912 in St. Joseph Church Pottsville, PA with sponsors Francis Zuagliata & Anna Trimbali