|Gennaro came from Conflenti. He would eventually marry a woman from Sambiase in the US .|
The smaller church where the records exist of Gennaro's family.
The main church is being beatifully restored.
|Gennaro played the bagpipes. They were made by Leo Mete's uncle in Italy. This is Leo's father and other family members but you can see what Italian bagpipes look like.|
|Gennaro arrived in NY from Naples on May. 13, 1890. He was age 24 with last residence Nicastro (not far from Sambiase and Conflenti). The ship was the Letimbro.
He took another trip to Italy in 1923 and returned on the Giulio Cesare (photo right) 8 days before he died.
Raso Name Meaning: Italian and Spanish: nickname for someone with close-cropped hair, from raso ‘level’, ‘smooth’, ‘bare’; alternatively, the Italian name may correspond to the past participle rasato, meaning ‘shaven’. Raso also means ‘satin’, and in some cases the name may have arisen from this sense of the word.
|Gen 6||Serafino Raso||Rosaria Strangis|
|Death||29 May 1825||Conflenti||6 Mar/May 1806|
|Parents||Nicola Raso d. by 1825||Mariangela Villila d. by 1825|
- Saverio Raso b. ca 1784 d. Aug 1814 Andria, Puglia m. Jan/Feb 1810 Conflenti Caterina Rocco
- Fortunato Pasquale Raso b. ca 1790 m. Jun 1816 Angela Teresa Rocca
- Nicola Raso d. 13 Mar 1822
- Pascale Raso d. 24 Sep 1826 age 40
|Gen 5||Fortunato Pasquale Raso||Angela Teresa Rocca|
|Birth||10 Jan 1787||Conflenti||10 Aug 1793|
|Death||15 Sep 1826||Conflenti|
|Parents||Serafino Raso||Rosaria Strangis||Saverio Rocca||Serafina Stanges|
- Saverio Raso b. 12 Feb 1818 m. 31 May 1840 Teresa Talrico (sister of Giovanna)
- Serafino Antonio Raso b. 9 Aug 1819 m. Giovanna Talarico
- Nicola Raso b. 15 Aug 1823
- Rosaria Maria Raso b. 30 Apr 1825 m. 10 Aug 1849 Savario Strangis
- Dominca Raso m. 1843 Pasquale Robarto
|Gen 4||Serafino Antonio Raso||Giovanna Talarico|
|Birth||9 Aug 1819||Conflenti||13 Nov 1822||Conflenti|
|Parents||Fortunato Pasquale Raso||Angela Teresa Rocca||Santo Talarico||Francesca Strangis|
|Marriage||24 Jun 1845||Conflenti Sottano|
- Rachela Raso b. 12 Jul 1846
- Teresa Raso b. 27 Mar 1849
- Saverio Raso b. 12 Feb 1852
- Angela Maria Raso b. 17 Nov 1854
- Guiseppe Antonio Raso b. 13 Nov 1856 m. Francesca Saco, Rosa Butera (C: Francesco, Antonio, Serafino b. 13 Feb 1891 Conflenti, Italy m. Katherina b. 9 Oct 1902 Kelayres, PA)
- Angela Raso b. 1 May 1859
- Angela Raso b. 21 Oct 1860
- Gennaro Raso2 b. 14 Jan 1866/7 m. Catherine Raso2 (children and in the US)
- Giovanni Raso b. 2 Feb 1869
- Teresa Raso b. ? 1869
Note: Gennaro and Giovanni records found in the church baptism records not civil registration
- Giovanni Rasso d. Oct 1904 was applying for naturalization at the same time as Gennaro. This may have been his brother.,
- Gennaro was married 19/2/1905 to Angelina Folino.
- Serafino Raso, Gennaro's nephew through Guiseppe, signed Gennaro's death certificate. Resided 600 Sanderson & 880 S. Center St. Pottsville - immigrated 10 May 1907 on the ship Perugia gives his last residence as Sambiase.
Rocco Name Meaning: Italian: from the Germanic personal name Rocco, which was borne by a 14th-century saint from Montpellier remembered for his miraculous healings during an outbreak of the plague in northern Italy. The etymology of the name is uncertain (see Roch).
|Gen 6||Savario Rocco||Serafina Strangis|
|Death||11 Oct 1804||Conflenti||after 1816|
- Gennaro Rooca b. ca 1791
- Angela Caterina Rooca b. ca 1793 m. Jan 1810 Saverio Raso 1, Dec 1815 Giovanni Battista Vescio 2
- Angela Teresa Roocab. ca 1797 m Jun 1816 Fortunato Pasquale Raso
Talarico Name Meaning: Italian: of uncertain origin; probably from the Germanic personal name Athalaric ‘noble power’.
|Gen 6||Tommaso Talarico||Maria Villella|
|Death||26 Apr 1812||Conflenti|
|Parents||Francesco Talarico||Mareta Aubino
- Santo Talarico
- Serafina Talarico b. ca 1785 d. 3 Nov 1835
|Gen 5||Santo Talarico||Francesca Stranges|
|Birth||ca 1780||Conflenti||ca 1782|
|Death||29 Mar 1830||Conflenti||3 Apr 1862||Conflenti|
|Parents||Tommaso Talarico||Maria Villella
- Giovanna Talarico m. Serafino Antonio Raso
- Tomaso Talarico b. 18 Aug 1811
- Giovanni Talarico m. 24 Jun 184? Serafino Anonio Pioji
- Andrew Talarico m. 8 Jul 1832 Maria Camino
- Teresa Talarico m. 31 May 1839 Savario Rocco
- Maria Talarico m. 1 Apr 1823 Gerado Paolo Cimino
- Could Antonio Strangy d. 1820 age 70 be correct? son of Nicola Strangy & fignora la madre - sister Caterina Strangy d. 1821 age 80
- Antonio Stranges d. 1819 age 70 son of Nicola & Teresa Mangis